THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

20.1.08

Sci-Fi Marathon 2008


Yes, my very first year in attendance...
I'm tired so you're going to have to do the IMDB look ups yourselves. Though if you are really that unfamiliar with most of these movies - let me know & we'll arrange a movie night for you.

Friday, January 18th

Arrival in the early afternoon - too tired from work, I sat and zoned in the lobby til I had to move. Air mattresses were a stroke of genius & I curled up comfy all weekend on mine.

8:00pm Grindhouse: Planet Terror (2007)- love this movie - hearing so much of the audience respond to the goodness made me happy.

10:00pm Fahrenheit 451 (1966)- classic, perfect & reminds me why I have "Book-burning is worse than flag-burning" marked in OKC & shudder at the sheer #s of people who disagree.

Saturday, January 19th

12 midnight Omega Man (1971) - Replaced by Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)- I was most pleased with this despite the unexpected nature. Donald Sutherland is perfectly lovely throughout.

2:00am Surprise I - Ice Pirates (1984)- Pure comedic joi.

3:45am Fido (2006)- Billy Connelly as a Zombie, do I really need to say more?

5:30am The Walking Dead (1936)- I slept - I totally admit it, out like a light.

6:45am Sunshine (2007)- I tried to stay up for it, but I just couldn't. My dreams were totally worth it. Very twisted and interspersed with details from the film. I have moved it up on my queue so I will suffer thru it consciously, eventually.

8:45am Lifeforce (1985)- Patrick Stewart & breasts - but not breast on Patrick Stewart.

11:00am Young Frankenstein (1974)- YESYES FUNNYFUNNY

1:00pm Surprise II - The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951)- A wonderful piece whenever it is on. I think it should be mandatory for children to study it.

2:45pm The Return of Dr. X (1939)- Lots of details about blood as blood was being explored. I kept thinking - wow, I'm working for the hospital where they did the first successful blood transfusion... freaking cool.

4:00pm 28 Days Later (2002)- The Dr would never give away the ladies.

6:00pm Surprise III - Shaun Of The Dead (2004)- Yippppppppppeeeeeeeeee!!!

8:00pm Black Sheep (2006)- Genetically engineered weresheep. Hysterical.

9:45pm Night of the Living Dead (1968) - replaced by Night of the Living Dead (1990)- Dear god it seemed to never end. & I begged for it to just end.

11:30pm V for Vendetta (2005)- The perfect ending to a wonderful weekend - the theatre was silent for most of it out of respect. The jeers were saved for the jerks and the cheers were for all that is corrected in the film that is still so wrong in the reallyreal world. Lovely.

Overall I had a wonderful time & thoroughly plan on doing it again next year. Only I'll be sporting a crockpot of meatballs for sammies, yum.

No comments: