THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

6.8.07

My world...


OK, I went home this weekend (pics to follow shortly) and my niece (Reese) was baptized - It was perfect, Fr Mel Verhoff is now the pastor at Delphos, St Johns: I worked with him extensively when he was head of Toledo Diocese Catholic Youth and School Services. He was, and can only presume still is, a really great guy. I loved seeing everyone, all of my family and spending time with my nieces - Reese sleeping and playing with Rylee. Kerry met my family and my family really enjoyed him.

We also stopped to see Chris and Brenda, Trae and Meca, and the kids. It was so good to see them again. I want to have some kind of gathering together at my place or somewhere out there just to spend an entire afternoon together.


In other news: I am in a lot of pain and the drugs are working (thank Goddess) Although the hormonal shifts have me weeping quite a bit right now. I'm trying to just chill and get my world in order.


In totally unrelated news: What the FUCK is going on w/ the Dems in congress acting like a bunch of fucking pansies and letting them pass the revision of the FISA - go look it up if you don't know what I am talking about - I'm too pissed to add a link right now. FUCK - seriously, am I the only one who sees the destruction of the checks and balances system crumbling in front of me?

We, presuming there are people reading this, need to do something about this insanity.
Right now I am open to real suggestions. I just feel overwhelmed, and I do not have the answers...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The revision of FISA is the next logical step in stopping Mr. Albert Qaeda. Tap my phone, search my email, read the stuff in my post office box, look through my garbage, test my stool! If it stops the evils of international terrorism, then do it.

If we don't fight them there (wherever there is) then we will have to fight them here. You and I know that Ohio is high on A. Qaeda’s list of top places to invade. You don’t want an invading army of terrorists grabbing our land, do you?

Look at how effective the current illegal (but necessary) wire-tapping has been. The Bush White House has already told us that they have foiled many potential pre-terrorist like planning meetings. They have lots of secret evidence that they can’t show us due to national security, but its there! I assume it is the confiscated bagels and donuts from those meetings. Evil.

So, don’t knock our honorable representatives for passing the FISA revision without much fuss, research, or thought. They had to get home. To us. The people they protect and love.

Go America. Go Team. GO BUCKS!

Forever Patriotic,
New Ira

Jezcabelle said...

Uh huh - you mean they had to go on vacation for a month?

Anonymous said...

A month long vacation or much needed R&R? What most people do not understand is we are at war. Every soldier deserves some time away from the battlefield, whether the battlefield is the mean streets of Iraq or the hallways of congress.

The congressmen are just as much soldiers in the never-ending war against terrorism as the guys putting their lives and limbs on the line in Iraq. If you look at it, the congressmen have it worse. They only get a few months a year off, but the soldiers get six months at home…after they have done their three mandatory turns in Iraq, of course.

And the congressmen have a thankless job. The soldiers get to be heroes in Iraq. There is nothing more heroic than losing a limb or vital organ. Damn, they come home to parades and have their picture in the newspaper, “John Doe, freshly home from Iraq, seen here in being pushed down Main Street in his wheelchair by his lovely wife in the Veterans Day parade.” Congressmen never have that happen to them, do they?

Congressmen have to be content with the personal knowledge that they are fighting the war back at home. Living the good life, purchasing expensive things, going on junkets, taking vacation is just another way of keeping democracy alive by doing the things Mr. Albert Qaeda hates. Congressmen don’t ever get thanked for these sacrifices.

Remember, Albert is a freedom hater, we are freedom lovers.

Go Democracy! Go Freedom! Go Congress! GO BUCKS!

New Ira

Jezcabelle said...

They should give me the $$$ & let me do all the things he hates for them & leave them to passing laws that make sense.

& I want my old Ira back.

Anonymous said...

Didn't we learn from our parents that fighting the government doesn't work? In the end we will turn into what we despise the most now. The same way that the pot smoking, war protesting, peace loving liberals became the penny pinching, minority hating, Bush loving conservatives that they are now. When we are poor, we are Democrats; When we are wealthy, we are Republicans.
In a related note, it's a good thing my parents split up when they did. They never would have made it through this administration. My mother has completely disowned the Republican party (YAY MOM!!!). The Republican party she grew up with thought the Federal government should keep their noses out of our fucking business. My father on the other hand thinks GWB is the best shit since English Muffins. He's in full support of illegal wire tapping, etc. because it protects "the greater good" and all that bullshit. MY dad!! (BTW his 60+ yr old brother was just sent to FEDERAL prison for possession w/intent of machine guns and other weapons of interest. WTF!!!)
O.K.--I feel a little better. Meanwhile I will be sending postive energy toward my friend Mick who is National Guard and being deployed in Dec. The moron was out and allowed the gvmnt to buy his life back for $25,000. BTW who exactly is "Guarding" our "Nation" while the NATIONAL GUARD is 2000 miles away??

GO OPPRESSION!! GO CAPITALISM!! GO BLUE!! (Just kidding, I hate Michigan...GO HOOSIERS, Coach Hep forever!)