THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

6.9.07

Why? tell me why?

{click on the pic for link to the artist}

Why attack Planned Parenthood?

Ok, I get the whole "sanctity of life" ideology, but there is so much more to Planned Parenthood than that. If you buy into that ideology then you might not want to support it, but why try to deny access to others who don't share your views?

why attack women who are trying to take care of their bodies in this age of medical horrors, where one suffers adn dies in silence every day because the cervical cancer goes undiagnosed because they can't afford healthcare or insurance, so they never get checked out. If you want non-abortion options with the same medical care then open a clinic and offer it, but demonizing women for exercising their legal options, for choosing how they choose to proceed with their personal health choices is beyond me.

It makes me wonder about the burning times, since this was one of the things you would go to your local "wise woman" to take care of...

And then you get into the card carrying hypocrites who support killing babies overseas in the war, but god forbid a baby here die. There is nothing ass foolish to me as seeing a car with pro Bush stickers & pro-life stickers. And yet here we are in 2007 still fighting the coat hangers.

To learn and decide for yourself check here. I personally used Planned Parenthood in those hazy years post-parental health insurance/pre-my own health insurance, I was charged on a sliding scale (I was poor, read that as very poor) and I was able to get my pap smears, and make sure if nothing else my innards were in working order. If they had not been available to me, I do not know what I would have done for healthcare at that time. I have stood as a volunteer walking women in through protesting crowds, in a bright orange vest, to stand as strength and help assure safety. I have gone with friends to appointments for contraceptives, regular appointments, and abortions. I have held hands, dried tears, and offered any other comfort in my power.

I am not pro-abortion, but I am solidly against legislating or interfering in anyone else's personal healthcare choices. I have never seen an "easy" abortion, it is not a light decision, but I believe every woman has the right to decide which eggs she grows to term.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's been my arguement for years. But I think...it's what I been saying because you worded it so sell so many years ago. So I may have been plagerizing...OR, MAYBE we happen to have almost the exact same opinion on the matter & that's one of the reasons we became friends. Or maybe I'm just really relaxed and felt like overanalyzing.

Jezcabelle said...

I think we just have the exact same opinion on the matter, though the list of why we became friends is soooo much longer.

Anonymous said...

So true! Sooooooo much longer. I miss Homicide: Life on the Street!