THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

8.12.10

Lucky in my mouth


Seriously, I am sitting here - watching Hell's Kitchen, the challenge is to combine 2 cuisines to create a fusion dish. As I watched the chefs struggle, misunderstand the options, the ingredients, the flavor profiles... I realized how lucky I am. I eat & by golly I've eaten well. All fat jokes aside. I recognize Spanish from Thai from Italian from Mexican from Greek, etc... I am sooo lucky to know so many wonderful flavors. Course last weekend's Vietnamese (Minh Anh's Lemongrass Chicken...drool) Friday followed by on Saturday jerk chicken & coconut rice & then the Greek yogurt w/ fresh raspberries & thin coconut cookies. YUM. I'm happy & so very happy I have wonderful friends to share it with. Soon there will be a new kitchen & space to play w/ homemade sourdough bread & all the winter slow cooker delights. I miss roasting off chickens to eat off of all week...

Sooo umm thanks.

3 comments:

Indychick said...

completely unrelated topic. Power surge today blew up BOTH of my TVs around 6pm. But @ least I have power & heat w/this snow storm. So...I've been playing on computer, & re-reading an old favorite book, while sipping coffee, & listening to "The Best of the Vienna Boys Choir-Xmas favorites". OK, so I'm rotating between coffee & Sam Adams Octoberfest. Wish I had some of the Winter Lager instead... Just felt like sharing that with you. Maybe "A Time to Kill" isn't a book I should be reading when it's a quiet, creepy night...Although, I suppose it's better than reading an Alex Cross @ midnight...

Indychick said...

P.S---you have made me very hungry. Well, you, & some old relaxation techniques that tend to result in a compulsive snacking manner. Think I will go have some of my homemade oven-roasted pecans/almond craisin mix. I feel so sorry for ppl who don't explore new foods, & especially those allergic to shellfish. OH, Just think of ALL the AMAZING flavors one can create with all varieties of lobster, crab, mussells, scallops, calamari, & of course, shrimp (the cockroaches of the ocean). OK, I'm done now...

Jezcabelle said...

You know the best part is that I totally don't dig shellfish. Squid/octopus I can handle but the rest do not sit well with me - no allergies, but just can't seem to get them down. On the other hand I always try them at least once a year, just in case things have changed. But then I am hungry right now, hmmm foooooooooood.